This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
What is personal data?
Personal data is all information that directly or indirectly (i.e. together with other information) may identify an individual. This means that a wide range of data, such as names, contact details, IP addresses, and behaviour and choices made online are personal data.
Data processing is any operation or set of operations performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, blocking, erasure or destruction of personal data.
How do we process your personal data?
When you visit our websites and Digital channels we may process:
- Information you have volunteered, such as name and contact details;
- details of your visits to our websites and Digital channels, this may include search terms you use, likes, shares;
- campaign traffic data;
- technical data, which may include URL information, cookie data, your IP address, the types of devices you are using to access Global Bugs websites.
We process your data for the following purposes:
- To monitor and improve our products and services, e.g. in order to optimize the website and our digital channels, make it more user friendly and for follow up [and statistical purposes, if applicable];
- to measure the performance of an advertising/digital campaign;
- to target and reach audience online;
- to communicate with you, e.g. through our Digital channels, monitor social posts, brand sentiments and newsletters;
- to analyse information for individual profiling in order to offer personalized ads, offers and other customized information.
Subscribers to newsletters or to marketing contests
Consistent with the permission you have given us by opt-in and by consenting to our terms and conditions we may process:
- Name, email address, company and country.
We process your data for the following purposes: Inbound marketing purposes including providing you with newsletters, offers and promotions on products and services through social media, if you have requested such information. You can opt-out from these by clicking a non follow link in each media channel.
When you communicate with us
When you communicate with us we may process:
- Information you have volunteered such as your name, e-mail address, company and country.
We process your data for the following purposes:
To fulfil a request from you or respond to your inquiries e.g. to handle customer complaints.
Legal ground for our processing
Global Bugs processes personal data in accordance with applicable personal data protection legislation. Within the EU/EEA, the general data protection regulation (“GDPR”) will apply from 25 May 2018. (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
We will process your personal data when it is necessary to (i) fulfil a request from you or respond to your inquiries (ii) comply with a legal obligation. Your data may also be processed when it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest for Global Bugs, inter alia, to market, improving our services. If a certain data process requires your prior consent, we will collect such consent before carrying out the processing in question.
Personal data that we request from you and indicated as mandatory is required to be provided in order for us to provide the service, e.g. for statutory, contractual, administrative or technical reasons.
How long do we keep your information?
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it: (i) to provide you with a product/service; (ii) to improve our services; and (iii) for legal and audit purposes. We have routines in place to ensure that personal data is deleted thereafter.
How do we share your information?
Global Bugs may engage third parties for the provision of services to Global Bugs, such as provision of IT-systems, services and other activities. Your data may be shared with and processed by such service providers on behalf of Global Bugs as required for the provision of the services to Global Bugs.
Personal data may be disclosed to a third party if we are required to do so according to applicable laws and regulations or in order to detect and prevent fraud or other security or technical problems.
Companies which are processing personal data on behalf of Global Bugs are obliged to sign a Non Disclosure agreement with Global Bugs in order to ensure a high level of protection for your personal data.
We strive to provide a high level of protection in all our personal data processing. We have therefore taken organizational and technical security measures in order to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, alteration and erasure.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. A cookie enables recognition of your computer and the collection of information on what websites and functions have been visited. It helps maintain your settings when you are navigating a website or return to the same website at a later point.
We use both session cookies , which expire once you close your web browser and persistent cookies which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them.
Your rights under applicable data protections legislation
According to applicable data protection legislation, you are entitled to certain rights. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at the address specified in section “Contact information”.
As specified in applicable data protection legislation, you have the right to:
- Request access to and rectification of the personal data we process in relation to you;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data and, in respect of processing based on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time; and
- receive personal data about you that you have provided to us.
You are also entitled, at any time, to submit complaints to the relevant supervisory authority if you think that your personal data is being processed in violation of the applicable data protection legislation.
Updates to the policy